Saturday, January 29, 2011

Boot Lust

Every time I see a girl wearing a pair of awesome boots, I am filled with sadness and rage. Why? Because boots don't fit me. Even at my thinnest, boots have always been a struggle, and it stinks, because boots were all I have ever wanted.

So after obsessing over fashion blogs where every girl is wearing boots, I decided to take a plunge. I ordered a pair of these J. Crew Weatherby boots in the extended calf size. (Oh the shame.)

They are a lot of money. A lot.  But I figure this will work one of two ways:

1. They don't fit/look awful/I hate them. I send them back and I am out less than ten dollars on the return shipping.

2. They are amazing. I keep them and I finally have boots. We live a long and happy life together and my teenage dreams come true.




J.Crew at ShopStyle

5 comments:

Marla said...

Ha! My neighbor wrote this blog post about something very similar - http://shoeshrink.com/2011/01/06/loving-my-boots/

(I am not a spammer, dude, I'm Marla and the blog author really is my friend Paula. ;) )

caroline said...

Those are very cute & classic!

The Asian Pear said...

If they fit, they'll be well-worth it! It took me a long time to find boots to fit my hefty +23 inch calves. And now that I have a pair, I love them!

Penny said...

Sooo, how did they turn out? When do you receive them?

Hopefully they turn out for you!

me in millions said...

I have what my dad used to call "chicken legs" and I'm still on the hunt for a sexy pair of boots... or just a pair that fit! It's been a couple of years and no dice. It's depressing.