Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Reminder Why I Hate ING Direct

Consumerist posted an article about a woman trying to get ING Direct to give her the money out of her deceased husband's account.  I cringe every time that I read about ING and their horrible customer service. I wish that we had escalated our problem with ING last year after I was deleted from our joint account for failing security questions that did not pertain to me.  It is so frustrating to hear them constantly praised!

After our ING Direct horror, we signed up for an online account at HSBC and it has been great so far.  There are definitely other options available besides ING Direct, even though they seem to be the most popular.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have been dealing with ING for 10 months concerning my mother's estate. They have been the most difficult company to deal with and I have spent hours of my time with no results. I worked with ScottTrade, Ameritrade, and USAA. All of those companies have been helpful and all account issues resolved in a timely manner. If you ever want to get back at your heirs for misdeeds, stay with ING, it will create a living hell for them. If you actually like your relatives, move your funds out of ING now!