Monday, August 16, 2010

When Life Gives You a Giant Stack of Tortillas at BlogHer...

...you make cinnamon and sugar tortilla chips. Yes. You really must.


If you have been following me on Twitter, then you have been aware that for much of last week we had no groceries, except for this mountain of Mission tortillas.

The proof, or the brilliance that I subject my Twitter followers to:

Please note that the face of discontent had nothing to do with the tortillas, but merely the fact that all we had to eat were tortillas and condiments.

The saga continued, now with its own hashtag:

And finally:
But still, there were no groceries purchased on the second day:

Until finally:

Oh and I should mention that I also ate a tortilla with chocolate and coconut. That was a really good idea.

I had never ventured into the realm of sweet tortillas before this, but now it is going to be a staple. It is the most ridiculously easy way to prepare a dessert. And it's good.

A quick internet search informed me that making cinnamon sugar tortilla chips was basically the easiest thing ever. Spray cut tortillas with cooking spray (or coat with butter), sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.


Yum.

Disclosure: I received these Mission tortillas from the Mom Spark Media swag bag at BlogHer. I was not compensated to write this post, but it does serve as my entry to a giveaway.

1 comment:

Bucksome said...

I left my tortillas in the swag exchange room. I should have given them to you.