Thursday, August 12, 2010

Getting Ready for San Francisco

After we booked our trip to San Francisco, I immediately freaked out about having nothing acceptable to wear. So after a lot of research and searching for coupons, I picked up a few new things.

I was hearing rave reviews about these City Flats from the Gap, and I thought they would be great for the plane and as a backup if my other shoes hurt my feet. I love how they roll up to be so small, and they even come with a cute bag to carry them in. I waited until I had a 30% off coupon to buy them. They come in tons of different colors, and if you use the code GAP2010 you can get 20% off until August 16th.

Gap at ShopStyle


One of my biggest concerns about our trip was that I owned no light jackets. I didn't have high hopes for this twill Moto jacket from Old Navy, but I was pleasantly surprised. It fit really well and was very flattering. I think it will be perfect to bring along to San Francisco and when the disgusting NYC summer is finally over. I ordered it with the same 30% coupon that I used on the shoes.

Old Navy at ShopStyle


The Lucky Abbey Road bag was the biggest purchase, but I am so happy with it. I have already received a lot of compliments on this bag. I had been carrying a shoulder bag and it would always weigh me down (I carry a lot of random things in my purse) and would constantly fall off my shoulder. I knew that I needed something that wouldn't hold me back while we were exploring the city. When I first saw the purse, I knew that it was perfect, but unfortunately I had forgotten my coupons. I ended up ordering it online with a 20% off coupon and some gift cards that I had received.

Lucky Brand at ShopStyle


I know that these purchases may seem extravagant, but I am happy because they were actually very thoughtful. In the past I would have just bought whatever caught my fancy. For these I was shopping with a specific purpose, and I waited until I got the deal that I wanted.

1 comment:

High Class, Low Income said...

I just moved from the Bay Area and it's been sooo cold! So you might want to bring more than a light coat, and layer since it can start off really cold and wet and get warmer later. Have fun!