Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Two Year Blogoversary!

I just realized that this blog turned two a few days ago! So much has changed with us in the past two years. When I started Saving Cents in the City, we were about to buy a co-op apartment. Needless to say, I am really happy that we decided against that. As is we are antsy and want to leave the area, plus we are facing a potential job loss, which would have made being stuck with such a major financial commitment truly disastrous!

Back in the early days of this blog, I was primarily focused on paying off my car loan, which was a huge burden on us. We paid that off last year, and I think without a specific goal in mind we have been floundering a bit. I haven't been paying as much attention to this blog or to other PF blogs as I had in the past. We were still saving, but it was with no real purpose.

Now we are in an interesting place. Like I mentioned, there is a very potential layoff in the near future. We are prepared financially: our emergency fund is fully funded. But I don't think I am prepared yet emotionally for the change. I am feeling angry about all the frivolous things that I have purchased, wishing that I had not succumbed to my whims so often. But in the long run, I know we are okay.

1 comment:

me in millions said...

Congrats on the big blogoversary!