Monday, April 5, 2010

Choosing a Reusable Water Bottle - Gaiam vs. Klean Kanteen

I'm ashamed to admit that I used to buy bottled water. Besides the fact that it is pricey, it is also terrible for the earth. Then I got a reusable water bottle, and I was in love. It was perfect, and it it didn't leak.

This is the first bottle that I purchased from Gaiam. Unfortunately I noticed some pretty severe dents in the bottle, but I kept using it. One day when I was cleaning it, I looked inside and saw what looked like a white mold. Despite all my best efforts to keep it clean, the white residue kept reappearing, so I decided to get rid of it. Thankfully I am off from work this week, so I would have some time to buy a replacement.

I did some searching for a good reusable water bottle, and it became so incredibly complicated. Aluminum or plastic? Which have BPA in the liner? Which is least likely to dent if I dropped it.

Eventually, I decided to go with a Klean Kanteen water bottle. Though it wasn't as pretty as the one from Gaiam, it did receive really good reviews. I do have to admit that as an English teacher, the intentional misspelling does make me a little bit crazy. I haven't received it yet, but I hope that it lasts a little bit longer than my first water bottle.

I used gift cards that I earned from Swagbucks and even signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime so I wouldn't have to get up to $25.

1 comment:

Miss Fletcher said...

Purposeful misspellings drive me crazy too! It's not cute, it's willful ignorance!