Friday, April 2, 2010

The Age of the Sage

I know you have all been anxious to know just when exactly this container of sage expired!

Well, when I was helping my mother clean up her kitchen, I was horrified to discover that it expired on...

November 21, 1980!

The part that made this discovery so truly disturbing was that we didn't even move into the house until 1983. When I questioned my mom about why they decided to pack expired sage and bring it to a new house, she had an explanation. Apparently this sage came from my grandmother's house after she died. My dad packed up her kitchen and just brought it over. Okay... but my grandmother died in 1993! I'm not sure any explanation can justify having sage that expired almost 30 years ago!

So the winning comment belongs to:


She wins a $5 Amazon gift card, just for guessing how cluttered my house is! :)

2 comments:

me in millions said...

Yay! Thanks so much!

CheapbyChoice said...

The real question is, How much did she pay for it in 1980?