Monday, January 11, 2010

Trying to Get Rid of Clutter

In the past I would sign up for every freebie that was available online. This included a lot of magazine subscriptions, which would just pile up unread. Seeing the huge pile of unread magazines made me feel like clutter was taking over my apartment. It made my husband absolutely crazy. Now I find myself much more discerning in what I sign up for, and I am a lot happier for it.

I'm actually feeling relief that some of my many magazine subscriptions are starting to expire. I recently purged the bookshelf and just seeing empty space is making me feel so much more relaxed. Just because something is free, doesn't mean that I need to get it. If it isn't something that I need or even want, having it around is just not worth it.

4 comments:

me in millions said...

It's an ongoing process, but so worth it! I also love freebies, but I'm making a point to only get things I will use and might have bought if it wasn't free.

Anny said...

I am with you 100% on this one! About two years ago I signed up for a few freebie exercise magazines - what a bad idea! Most of my exercise these days comes from trashing them as they arrive :P

Anonymous said...

amen to that.

from,
your husband who is sitting next to you right now

Anonymous said...

which magazine offers do you find legitimate?

i'm very afraid of identity theft. i've heard of unscrupulous magazine companies stealing people's identities or billing them--even without a credit card number.

i have long commutes to everywhere, so i would love some free mags.