Thursday, January 14, 2010

Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is

Today my homeroom started a collection so that they can donate money to Haiti. Only about half of the kids had cash with them today, but they really wanted to contribute so I won't be sending the money until tomorrow. We already collected $40. I saw quite a few kids give all the cash that they had in their wallets because they were so eager to help.

Once I get all the money I will be sending it, along with my own donation, to Doctors Without Borders. There are a lot of kids who have family in Haiti, and the stories are pouring in with so many stories of loss. Please send money if you can. It all adds up and it all makes a difference.

1 comment:

Miss Fletcher said...

I'm amazed at how generous my students can be. We just did a fundraiser called Pennies for Patients to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and my homeroom of 6th graders brought in $311 in three weeks! And these are not rich kids. I was so impressed with them!

Also, I'm adding you to my blog roll-I always like to read personal finance blogs by teachers! Feel free to add me to your blog roll as well: www.homeownerby30.blogspot.com