Thursday, January 7, 2010

Money and Marriage

I saw this on NPR via Facebook:

NPR is looking to interview a married couple in which the wife has more education and a higher income than her husband. If you are both willing to talk about how it affects the dynamics of your marriage, please tell us a bit about yourself. Ideally, we are seeking couples ages 30-44.

My husband and I have the exact same level of education (Master's degrees) and more or less similar incomes, though with a recent promotion he will be about 4k ahead of me now. I minored in Women's Studies in college, so the question posed by NPR is kind of making me roll my eyes. I know that if I made substantially more money than my husband, his only response would be along the lines of, "Yay! Money!"

1 comment:

Your Husband said...

yay money!