Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Is this my dumbest purchase?

Today I received a package from Etsy. I opened it up, excited that it finally came since it had been thought to be lost in the mail. As I unwrapped it, my husband, who had been standing beside me commented, "What the hell is that?!"

Well, it was a bar of felted soap. When I bought the soap, it seemed like a really good idea at the time. It's a washcloth! And soap! In one! I marveled at the thought and read reviews about how the wool would do something magical. Okay, I admit, I have absolutely no idea how I justified this to myself, except for the fact that it looked really cute.

So anyway, my husband took one look at it and then at me, trying to explain that this was magical or something, and he just said, "That is the dumbest thing you have ever bought. Honestly, name something dumber."

"I definitely have bought stupider things," I argued, trying to think of a purchase that would beat this. I've bought clothes I've never worn, and purses I've never carried. I've bought bizarre kitchen items, such as the potato scrubber shaped as a potato and the apple slicer shaped like an apple. I've been pressured into buying countless add-ons and warranties for products that I didn't need. But yeah, felted soap might be the silliest thing ever.

So, what is the weirdest, silliest, or dumbest thing you've ever bought?

2 comments:

marlatiara said...

Oh hey I love felted soap! Not stupid at all! Very cute! Very useful! Yes!!!!

Revanche said...

Honestly, I'm not terribly convinced that it's that bad an idea ...