Friday, November 20, 2009

For the Love of Coupons

Today I was supervising a lunch period at school, when a teacher got on the microphone and made the following announcement:

Teacher: So maybe some of you would be interested in this... I just received a big stack of coupons to a clothing store. I've never heard of it, but maybe you have... *Pause*

The kids seem generally uninterested.

Teacher: It's called, uh, *studying the coupon* Aeropostale.

With this, kids jumped to their feet and swarmed towards the teacher. I watched a girl dive into the crowd and emerge a moment later with the coupon held towards the sky. Kids were jumping over chairs and there was screaming involved.

I pretty much died laughing as I watched the scene.

But at least they enjoy a good deal.

PS - I just looked it up and apparently the coupon is available online anyway. It is 30% this weekend.

1 comment:

me in millions said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh teenagers... they crack me up.