Saturday, October 31, 2009

October Recap!

This month I was able to add $1600 to our savings account! This puts us just $1200 away from having a fully funded emergency fund! After seeing our savings account balance so low last year after paying off the car and having to find a new apartment, I am thrilled that we are so close to this goal.

Our living situation has really inspired me to save. Our neighbors are obnoxious, and when they act up it makes our normally good sized apartment seem like a tiny, suffocating prison. Because of this, I've really controlled my urges to shop. I would have been able to put even more into savings, except two pairs of my work pants both became unwearable and unfixable within a few days of each other, so I had to replace them.

After the emergency fund is finished, I am going to split my efforts towards several directions. Because the rent comes out of my husband's paycheck, I am the primary saver. I think I will split the $1500 (the money saving goal) towards our house fund, a car fund (I do not want to be stuck with horrific car payments ever again), my Roth IRA, and my husband's student loans. We'll still have to figure out how this all will work out, but I am excited to finally be making progress.

No comments: