Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'll Just Take One, Thanks...

We saw this at the grocery store when I scanned a bottle of syrup to check the price, and we just had to take a picture. Obviously it is just a computer error, but it made me think about pricing in general.

I remember once I was buying Burt's Bees Lip Balm (I'm addicted!) at Bath and Body Works and I was rushing and not paying attention because I had a plane to catch later that evening for a long trip. I grabbed one for $2.50 and as the cashier was ringing me up, she said, "Do you want another one? They are two for $5.00 so you might as well!" Not thinking at all, I grabbed it. As I was walking out, I realized that this was not a deal, but just simple math.

Lesson Learned: Don't go shopping when I am incapable of 1st grade math.

2 comments:

marlatiara said...

I scanned a pool floater thingie at Target a few weeks ago and it came up as $3 and change. At the register it came up as $14 - I pointed out that the in-store scanners said otherwise and they honored the price.

Wonder what they would've done in your situation. ;)

Kayla said...

That's kinda funny. I must admit that I've done the same thing before, though.