Thursday, September 3, 2009

August Recap

I'm happy that August is over because hopefully my crazy spending will be over now as well. Summer is always a difficult time for me; since I'm not working, I end up going shopping.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to save $1500, which is our monthly goal. Instead I was only able to transfer $1000 to savings. I've been looking at my recent spending, and it's getting a little scary. I'm going to have to set some concrete limits to stay in control.

However, I am excited that I finally opened a Roth IRA account and I was able to fully fund it for the year. Next year will be more difficult, but I am planning on setting up automatic withdrawals and reworking (or actually writing) the budget. I'm so happy that I finally have a retirement account, since I keep seeing bloggers who have had their accounts since they were 18! I'm so behind!

I feel hopeful for September that I will be able to save $1500 again. I've joined Money Funk's Earn More Challenge and I've been trying to come up with ways to earn more cash. I'll be writing more about what I plan to do tomorrow.

No comments: