Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shopping Overload

I have been in a non-stop shopping mode lately and it is getting a bit out of control. It happens every year around this time, since school begins in a few weeks. Basically I get this uncontrollable urge to shop for the entire school year - as if I will be so busy that I will not be able to buy anything again until next summer.

This morning I woke up early and went to Staples because it was Teacher Appreciation Day. I'm not one to be able to pass up free stuff and it was only available to the first 100 teachers. Last year they gave out tiny flash drives. It was cool, but I never even used it. This year it was a bag of school supplies, so it will probably be more practical. Of course while I was there I spent almost $50 on ink and other random things that I needed.

While I was out I decided to go into Ann Taylor because there is a $20 off coupon that is good for today only. Unfortunately it is only good on full price merchandise. I ended up getting a grey camisole for $8 from $28. There wasn't much in the store cheaper than that, except some lotions.

Then I went into Bath and Body Works because I wanted to use this free lip product coupon. Here I could have very easily gotten away with only spending a dollar, but then I saw a previously discontinued product that I had been searching for. They brought back the 8 oz Antibacterial hand sanitizer, which I really need for my classroom. They were 7 for $20 so I got those and my free lip product and went out on my way.

This all might not seem so bad, but I don't even want to talk about the damage that I did at the Outlet mall with my mom last week...

But...I'm done now. I have to be done.

No comments: