Saturday, August 1, 2009

July Recap - The Fail Edition

We had been doing so well saving money, so I guess I can't be too hard on myself for July. I only managed to save $500, instead of the planned $1500. However, my husband is still calculating stuff and should be able to add to that.

We did talk about the lack of savings A LOT and basically I realized that I go through cycles of super spending and super saving. Since I am off for the summer and really bored most of the time, I am spending more money. I know that it will even out once school starts again and I barely have time to breathe, let alone shop.

We've also spent a lot more on food and drinks than we usually do. We've gone out more to eat and have spent more money on groceries and wine/alcohol.

Even though I know that it really isn't terrible, it still is really bumming me out to not see the $1500 jump in savings this month.

1 comment:

eemusings said...

I do the same! I have splurgey periods and then major tightwad periods. Whatever works for you I say :D