Monday, June 1, 2009

May Recap

I really can't believe that it is June already, and that the school year is almost over and vacation is almost about to start.  I'm going to have to figure out ways to make some extra money this summer so I don't feel like a complete bum.

May was an interesting month in terms of the budget.  On the one hand, I kind of went a little overboard with shopping, but on the other hand, we were easily able to save $1500, which was the goal.  Some extra money came our way, and we should be able to save around $500 of that as well.

I'm getting a little nervous about job security.  I signed my contract for next year, so I am fine, but my husband's job could be in jeopardy.  We really need to tighten the budget (or actually try to follow it) for June, so that we can beef up our emergency fund even quicker.  Our rent is not cheap ($1500 a month - but $1450 starting in August) and we really need to be certain that we would be able to pay it in case something happened.  All of my stuff won't do me much good if we can't pay the rent.

We haven't worked out the budget for June yet, but I transferred $750 over to savings already.  This month I will be receiving an extra paycheck (my stipend for my clubs) and I want to put the whole check in savings.

No comments: