Sunday, March 8, 2009

snowed in! (A week late!)

Last Monday I was snowed in and I meant to make an epic snowed in post, but I was lazy and forgot.  So I will attempt it now, as I remember how wonderful and productive last Monday truly was.  

So first I present to you, the view from my window.  I am no photographer and thus, did not bother to lift the screen to actually get a nicer picture.  This was actually my first snow day that I've had as a teacher.

Since I am a teacher, and the end of the trimester is quickly approaching, I had a TON to grade.  Magically I was actually able to grade ALL OF IT last Monday, and it really was a TON.  Unfortunately, upon returning to school on Tuesday I received 3 sets of 9th grade essays.  But I have to remember, that for one amazing moment, I was done.  As you can see by the picture, it was really quite scary.  

Keep in mind, since I am so disorganized, I had actually been carrying all of those papers around with me for about a week.

So after I had spent HOURS working on all of this mess, I decided that I really wanted to bake something.  After scouring the internet for a yummy recipe, I finally decided on pumpkin cookies.  The only changes that I made to the recipe was that I used a whole can of pumpkin, since I knew that if I tried to save the rest of the can I would most likely forget about it and it would go to waste.  So since I was adding more pumpkin, I decided that I could cut back a bit on the butter, so I reduced it to 1.5 sticks instead of 2 sticks.  Also, I didn't have any nuts, so I just used chocolate chips.  But oh man, the cookies were YUMMY.

No comments: