Sunday, March 15, 2009

finance FAIL

I went to CVS today, and the deals were okay.  However, in a moment of insanity, I somehow managed to buy EIGHT BAGS of Cadbury Mini Eggs - the greatest candy EVER.  YUM!  



This weekend was kind of a bust, since I've been sick for the past few days.  I started feeling better last night, so I made banana cookies, which were pretty delicious.  

My finances are pretty much a mess right now, which is kind of embarrassing.  I know that I need to get a budget in order before things get worse.  My problem isn't even shopping anymore, but instead thinking that I can take on more than I really can.  My car insurance bill came, and there was a $93 surcharge because of my accident in December.  I called them because I met all the criteria for getting the surcharge waived, but I was told that they can't waive surcharges in New York.  Boo.  So anyway, I got so upset about my insurance bill that I wrote a check to pay it in full because I didn't want to think about it.

It would have been okay, except I had also paid $500 toward the car loan so basically my checking account is empty until the 30th.  Oops.  Hopefully the tax refund will come soon, otherwise things could get a bit interesting.

At least I can drown my sorrows in delicious Cadbury Mini Eggs. 

1 comment:

Fabulously Broke said...

You make me want them, AND yoghurt-covered raisins.

Gee thanks. :P