Sunday, March 1, 2009

February recap

We spent another month without a strict written budget, but I have to assume we still did okay because I was able to put $1600 towards the car loan in February.  The remaining balance on the loan is $1401.21!!!  I can't believe I am so so close to being done with this!  It started at about 20k in October 2006, but we've only really started trying to kill it in the past 8 months or so.  Once we get our tax return (about $1000) this burden will be DONE and we can focus those payments on my husband's student loans - our only other debt.

Other than that, I've been pretty nervous about possibly losing my job for September, so we added another $500 to savings in February as well.  At least if something happens and I do lose my job, I will still teach until June and get paid until August.  Plus, if that does happen I should find out by April, so I will have some time where I am still getting paid to try to find something new.

1 comment:

Fabulously Broke said...

So are you going to be done next month with that car loan of $1401.21?? :)

That is so exciting!!!

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."