Friday, March 20, 2009

10 days until I'm debt free!

I'm getting so anxious and I really want to pay off my car loan, but I have to wait until my next paycheck.  10 more days - but it feels like forever!  I can't believe I only have $900 left!  

I've mentioned it quite a few times, but my car loan is terrible.  It makes no sense and I still have no idea what exactly happened.  The car cost about 22k and I gave them 10k in cash.  So how did I end up with a 20k loan??  I know I should have done research to know exactly what was going on, but at the time I just needed a car and didn't understand/care to understand the rest.

Hopefully, this can go down as my dumb money move and I don't do anything even dumber in the future!

Once the car is paid off, I'm going to spend a few months trying to save as much cash as possible in the ING account since there are still job fears looming.  Hopefully, once we stockpile some cash, then I can start putting extra money to my husband's student loans, so we will be 100% debt free.

3 comments:

Fabulously Broke said...

That is REALLY exciting

And that loan sounds sketch to all hell. At least you learned from your mistake :)

sarah swingset said...

yaaaay!!! congrads to that big accomplishement!!

So Very Fabulous said...

Yay, congrats! It must be so great knowing that you're almost done with debt! :)