Sunday, February 1, 2009

January recap

Once the car saga was over, I felt like we were finally able to get back on track.  I was able to put $1000 into our savings account, which was a great relief.  I also was able to put $500 towards the car loan.  I still have some left over money for January that can go to either the car or savings, but I think I am going to hold off on that for a little bit.  

When I got into the car accident I felt completely overwhelmed and that our whole financial situation would be damaged.  Luckily, this was not the case since I didn't even have to pay the body shop the $500 deductible.  In fact, I think the accident helped me to reel in my spending, since I was in the dark for quite some time about how much this was going to cost us.  

We went through January without a written budget, but I think we were able to do okay.  

No comments: