Sunday, February 8, 2009

free FAIL

My husband and I were super excited about yesterday because we were going to go see Coraline and go to a fancy lunch all for free.  Except we failed.

I had $20 in Fandango credit that I had received from some promotion long ago.  Surely $20 should be enough for a movie, right?  Nope.  $13.50 each with a $1 surcharge on each ticket, bringing us to to $29.  I sadly paid the rest on my credit card, but hey, $9 for a movie that we were really excited about on opening weekend (in 3D!) was still pretty good.

Everything seemed like it would be okay for the restaurant.  No hours were listed on the website, but surely they would be open on a Saturday afternoon, right?  Nope.  They didn't open until 5 and I had already purchased the 4:50 movie tickets.  I tried to figure out something with Restaurant.com gift certificates, but that didn't work either.  We ended up going to the Cheesecake Factory and spending $40.

Oh well.  We had a good time, and we really rarely ever go out, so I can't feel too bad about it.  We'll just have to save our free restaurant gift certificate for another day.


1 comment:

Sarah Bee said...

<3 Coraline <3 Sucks about no freebies, though. I'll have to make sure Danny tells me when Restaurant.com has their huge 80% off sale so I can let you know! I love you and I miss you. Josh is learning to READ! Zomg so exciting!