Monday, January 19, 2009

More car woes...

I received a phone call today from Geico telling me that the damage to my car was greater than they anticipated and that they would be sending out another check.  The whole thing was pretty vague, so I asked my husband to call the repair shop and see what was up and when we would be getting the car back.  He left the room and came back a few minutes later, visably shaken.  Apparently the conversation went something like this:

Husband: I'm calling to check the status of my car.
Repair shop: What car is it?
H: 2004 Nissan Maxima.
RS: The insurance company called and said they are going to come and pick it up.
H: Why are they going to pick it up?
RS: It is a total loss.
H: *confused* What do you mean it is a total loss?  I just got a call from Geico saying that there was more damage but they approved the repair.
RS: Wait - What kind of car?
H: 2004. Nissan Maxima. Silver.
RS: Oh God - I'm sorry - your car is in the shop.  We had another Maxima come in.  We found a problem with the suspension on your car.
H: Okay. Thanks. Bye.

So we still don't really know what the deal with the car is because my husband was too stunned and forgot to ask.  

Also, it is the one monthiversary of my accident.  And it will still be awhile, I suppose, until we get the car back.  My husband is going to call again tomorrow.  Hopefully there won't be any more weird misunderstandings.

3 comments:

Fabulously Broke said...

That would have stopped my heart!

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

Ninja said...

I'm having my own issues with GEICO...not over an accident, but over my rates. I have a point coming off my license next month, but they're trying to say I have to pay the old rate until August. I might need to switch so I can save about $30/month.

Saver Queen said...

How frustrating that you've had to wait this long... not to mention that terrifying conversation!