Sunday, January 4, 2009

CVS 1/4-1/10

So yesterday I started feeling very anxious about the amount of stuff that I have accumulated from CVS.  It went from feeling comfortable - knowing that I had the things that I needed and I was saving money - to feeling like I am drowning in stuff.  I have given a lot of stuff away, but I just keep getting more and more because I just love the deals.  

So I am trying to quit CVS for awhile.  I went to the store last night, determined to just spend my remaining ECBs (really only about $18) on whatever I wanted and just be finished with it so I could take a break.  But lo and behold, I ended up earning more ECBs without even trying.  So I'm down to 4 ECBs and I'm just going to do this on a really small scale.

So I will be buying the Garnier shampoo that is on sale this week.  It cost $2.99 and I have a $1 coupon.  I'll pay with 2 ECBs and keep them rolling for another day.

Yes, I realize I sound like an addict.  :)

1 comment:

Fabulously Broke said...

Wow. Sounds like you have an addiction to sales :)

Not a bad thing though... but the stockpiling drove me mad when I bought too much.

My thing is to refuse to buy anything until I've used it up or it's halfway done.

Thanks for favouriting! Added you to my Reader

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...