Thursday, January 15, 2009

Car woes...

I got into a car accident on December 19th, and I still haven't gotten my car back from the repair shop!  This whole situation is really messing up my finances.

I had really hoped to be finished paying off the car by today.  I got paid today, plus I got an extra $750 because I moderate a few activities.  My husband gets paid three times in January.  Instead, I have to hold at least $500 in my checking account to pay my deductible.  (Actually, I'm pretty amazed that I have been able to keep that amount in my checking account for so long since I haven't even been paid since December 23rd.)  That amount doesn't even include the cause of the accident: the fact that my brakes stopped working.  So I know that I am going to have to either replace the brakes or fix them and I still have no idea how much that will cost because I still don't even know what is wrong with them.  I haven't made any car payments since the accident, because I don't know what is going to happen with the car.

I just wish this whole thing would be settled already and that I could get my car back.  I have been taking the subway to work for the past two weeks, which hasn't been terrible, except for the fact that it has been SO COLD!  

I want to be rid of this car loan in the worst way.  Then we just have my husband's student loans to focus on.

In other news, I'm really excited that Battlestar Galactica is starting again tomorrow.


1 comment:

Karie said...

I would die without my car, but I would also die if I tried to drive it in NYC. We stick to taxi's when we go. The traffic is too scary for me. I hope you get your car back though! I know it's a pain.