Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moving...

So after a whirlwind of craziness and insanity, we moved on Friday. Like I said, we decided against buying the co-op. So instead, we are renting a 2 bedroom apartment in Queens. The rent is $1500 a month. It's a lot, but it's "normal" for the area. What I'm worrying about more than the rent though is the huge amount of money that has been spent in the move. We had to come up with $4500 to get the apartment (1 month rent, broker fee, and security) but we've been spending SO MUCH money elsewhere as well. I bought air conditioners, some rugs (80% of the floor is supposed to be covered), and other random things that we needed. We had been so excited to do a proper written budget, but everything is just completely crazy right now.
I'm trying to stay positive, but really, it is not normal to move twice after being married for just 10 months. I know this apartment will be better for us, but I'm angry that we were forced into this situation.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hey, just came across your blog - I'm in Queens, too :) I love it here, but the real estate is crazy - I'm NEVER leaving my apt if I can help it!

Since my blogger profile is anonymous, I'll just mention that I'm at poor-artist.blogspot.com :)