Saturday, August 16, 2008

Consolidating bank accounts - Part 2

So my husband and I went to the bank today and closed our two joint accounts.  Amazingly, it was pretty painless.  We transferred the money - about $1800 - to my personal checking account.  I'm really trying to pay off the car, but it just seems like it never goes down.  I paid $500 for the car a few days ago and then I tried to pay the $1800 today but it wouldn't let me do it because it was "too much."  I paid $1000 for now and I will try it again in a few days.

When we bought the car we really had no idea what we were doing.  The rate is 8.93% which I think is pretty bad.  We still owe $11,959 since the two payments have not been applied to the balance yet.  I'm so ready to get rid of this loan.

I also signed up for online banking.  I'm not exactly sure why I bothered, because like I said, my bank is pretty awful.  But I guess it would be good to be able to check the balance on my account more often since there have been problems in the past.

No comments: